Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, February 23, 2012

How my 12 in 2012 is going:

To see my 12 in 2012 list.
1.) To be honest I really need to get with my Bible reading. I always learn something new when I read it, and I know it is one of the ways I can build my relationship with my heavenly father. I just need to take care of business. Reminders would be great if you would like to.
2.) Blog more! I think I have been a lot better than I have ever been. I hope to continue. This blog is a great reminder of what our family is up to, and I enjoy going back and reading it.
3.) I have branched out on genres. So far this year I have read the following books: Amazing Grace by Megan Shull it is about a teenage pro tennis player and is 247 pages long . I was surprised that I liked it because reading about sports is totally not my thing. I read this in December. The Hunger Games (374 pgs) , Catching Fire (391 pgs), and Mocking Jay (390 pgs) by Suzanne Collins. These books were awesome and I am so glad I finally agreed to read them. My husband has been trying to get me to read them for awhile. I read the whole series in a week in January. The War with Grandpa by Robert Kimmel Smith. It is a very cute young adult book with only 160 pages. I enjoyed laughing at the antics of the Grandpa and grandson. Remember it is fun and okay to read young adult books. It is nice to read something fun and easy at times. An added benefit for me reading these books is that I can suggest them to students. I just finished reading Maximum Ride The Angel Experiment by James Patterson. This book is totally out of my comfort zone: science fiction is not my area at all. To be honest I loved the book and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen to the orphaned kids. This book stopped with me wanting more. I have to go get the next book from the library today. This book is 422 pages long.
4.) My exercising goal has not even really happened unless you consider cleaning house, carrying around baby gear and a 2o something pound Charles, and constantly going up and down stairs because I left something either in the basement or upstairs.
5.) I think we are doing better with our eating habits. This can always get better.
6.) I am learning the features on my new camera. I am really enjoying the video part.
7.) I need to look into a photography class.
8.) My plan is to take a class for my reading endorsement this summer.
9.) I need to do this.
10.) I am getting better about drinking water. It helps when then only thing we keep in the fridge is milk and sweet tea. I am not a tea drinker so I drink water except for breakfast.
11.) I have been doing this more. The past two weekends we have traveled. I packed all of our stuff, and Charles and I headed up to the University of Northern Iowa to meet Patrick at a high school honor band event two weekends ago. This past weekend we all decided to go to Omaha.
12.) I feel I do this most days.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment- it made my day! And a friend of Erika's is definitely a friend of mine :) Thanks also for your prayers- I am hopeful that we will have good news to announce sooner rather than later, but in the meantime, encouragement from people like you makes all the difference!

    And your little fam is adorable, by the way... especially that sweet little boy of yours!

    ReplyDelete