I have been on a C.S. Lewis kick lately. I am reading the Chronicles of Narnia Series.
So far this month I have read 1.) The Magician's Nephew, 2.)The Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe, and 3.) The Horse and His Boy. I plan on finishing the whole series at some point, but I went to the library and found some really good books that I am going to try first. I look forward to reading Secrets over Sweet Tea by Denise Hildreth Jones, and book 2 of the Weddings by Design Series titled The Icing on the Cake by Janice Thompson. I have a lot of books to keep me occupied for the upcoming cold weather. How about you?
I have always been really attached to my long hair, but lately I have had a huge urge to just chop it off. My biggest fear is that my face will look chubby and round and I will just hate it. I would love to be daring enough to cut my hair like Ginnifer Goodwin, but face it if I totally didn't like it--it would take FOREVER to grow back. So I am thinking a cute sassy little bob like Katie Holmes might be the trick, and the plus is that it will grow out easier than the pixie. My biggest hold back is that I am 22 weeks pregnant, and face it will only be getting bigger, so should I or shouldn't I? Oh the choices. Why oh why can't we have a button that we could mash so we could have different length hair on different days?
This is a heirloom blanket I am making for Meredith. I made one just like this for Charles before he was born in a grey. I will use these blankets on them while they are little, and then I will wrap them up to preserve them for my grandbabies. I have almost 4 1/2 inches completed. Only about 35 1/2 inches to go to getting it complete. I hope I can get it finished before February because I really want to make her some other things.
This is how Charles reacted to getting his picture made at the pumpkin patch this year. He saw the wagons, four wheelers, and tractors and that is what he wanted to look at instead. Boys and their toys starts early.
Here he is saying, "NO, No, No Mommy no want wagon." I got about 5 pictures and none of them where of him smiling. Oh well.
How far along am I? 20 weeks Clothes: All maternity pants, and I am in need of some fall/winter tops. Cravings: Captain Crunch, Sweets, and French Fries. I also enjoy just eating. I have been extremely hungry lately. Sometimes I feel like I could out eat a man. Loving: Feeling little kicks and punches that are getting so much stronger. Not Loving: All the bathroom trips daytime and nighttime. I'm still struggling with sleeping because of my hips. Looking Forward to: Seeing her sweet face on ultrasound in 4 weeks. Praying for a wonderful report. Not Looking Forward to: The waddle.
I am having a really hard time figuring out crib bedding for Meredith. Please tell me your favorite and why. If you have found something supper cute somewhere else that is affordable let me know.
Here are three I have found that I like:
It seems like I just blinked and September was over. A great deal has went on this month to make it fly by so quickly:
1. We sold our home.
2. Moved to an apartment for the time being. We are slowly getting everything where it goes.
3. Found out our baby is going to be a little girl. I was so shocked that I forgot to make an appointment for 20 weeks before leaving the doctor's office. I had to call later to set up an appointment. It has been 115 years in Patrick's direct line since the last girl, so I kept telling myself it is going to be a boy.
4. I am doing a short term substitute job for someone that is on maternity leave. This is with grades 4-6. I teach 4th grade math and 5th and 6th grade social studies.
5. Homecoming week which is always busy. I was so happy that I didn't have to plan it this year. I got to enjoy it. Patrick has to be at like 3 performances that week which makes it a crazy week for us.
6. I read 2 books: Wedding Belles by Janice Hanna and Not By Sight by Kathy Herman. Both great books. I did not reach my goal this month.
7. Took care of and played with Charles. My major fail is that I only got 4 pictures of him this month. The camera has been packed most of this month. I have it ready to go this month, so be prepared for picture overload.
8. Trying to find girl bedding that I like that doesn't cost a fortune.
That is a nutshell of what September looked like for us.