I have no words of healing for the dear families that lost their children or loved ones on Friday. My heart hurts for each and everyone of you. I feel compelled to write out what I am feeling: sad, upset, angry, and an aching heart. What a horror as a parent. My prayers are with each life/family that happened to be affected by Friday's shooting in CT. May we all hold our children a little closer and cherish each minute.
I know I am always talking books on here. Today I want to introduce you to a wonderful and free website for learning to read. It is called starfall and it is amazing. Charles really enjoys the stories and videos. I know in time he will enjoy the games they offer also. I know that they use this site with Pre-K and up at schools but don't let that keep you from checking it out with your little one if they are younger. Charles is just 16 months. Check it out: http://www.starfall.com/
Merry Christmas to all of my blog friends. May you have a wonderful Christmas and a very blessed 2013.
Christmas Card Count:
10 received so far.
8/10 photo cards
Card that traveled the longest: 3 way tie because they all live in the Greenville, SC area.
Happy Birthday Erika! We hope you have a very fun day and a very blessed new decade to you. Lots of love from Iowa.
1. I have many very cool crafty things that I have been working on and finished. I can't post pictures yet because they are gifts. I don't wish to risk someone seeing their present.
2. Charles is cutting teeth again. I was beginning to think that he was only going to have 4 teeth for the rest of his life. Boom and lateral incisors appear. First the right one that cut through the gum two weeks before he turned 16 months and today I see the left one starting to come out. According to the all the charts online he should have roughly 8 teeth by now and approximately 10-12 by the time he is 2 years old. We will see. I just hope they are healthy.
3. Today Charles had his first cleaning. Let me start off saying I have brushed his gums since he was about 3 months old through now two times a day. Around 13 months he had his first ear infection. He was put on Amoxicillin and half way through the dosage I noticed that he was getting a grey looking substance on his teeth. I researched online and contacted the doctor. We went in and half way through she changed his prescription. Well this weekend I notice this film on his top teeth and I get paranoid that Charles' few teeth are laden with cavities. I worry all night and think oh my goodness. I remember about the film substance from the bottom teeth that is still on the back of his teeth from the amoxicillin. I realize that his top teeth are now fully down and that is why I am just noticing the grey film at the tops of his teeth. I take him in to the dentist today and with their brush/tools are able to zap it right off his little teeth- something regular brushing could not do. Yes he screamed and cried a little but no more so than what he has been lately for me while brushing his teeth because he has a very nice sized ulcer on his upper gum.
4. Today I also went to the doctor. I have been feeling pretty worn out lately and having achy joints. I have also lost 10-12 pounds without changing my diet/workout(I'm not complaining about this part). The new symptom is that I have been feeling dizzy when standing up. I developed hypothyroidism during pregnancy and it has stayed normal every time they have checked it since having Charles. This could be normalizing or getting worse or it could be something else all together. I should know from the blood work they did today exactly what is going on with me.
5. I have checked out a new author from a suggestion of Erika. Her name is Kristen Heitzman. I really enjoyed the first book in the rocky mountain legacy series. Just thought you might be looking for another great author:)
Playing around with the big girl camera. Taking pictures of a little fella that likes to constantly be on the move is not easy especially when trying to figure out a new feature.
I love this expression: It is the oh yeah face:)
Our homemade count down until Christmas. We will be removing a cotton ball each day until Christmas.
Our hand print art for Christmas. I let him color all he wants. Then I trace his hand and make something out of his hand print. This is the kind of art I can handle. If you can think of any other easy art projects to do over the Christmas season with a 1 year please let me know.