Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 6, 2014

Adventures in Potty Training

Yes, I just said those scary words. We are starting the long journey of teaching Charles to go to the potty. In many aspects he seems ready, but I do wonder how long this will take.
Steps we have taken in preparation:
Talk to Charles about how big boys use the potty and about all the cool underwear he will be able to wear once he is potty trained.
I have read books to him about going to the potty.
We have pull ups set and ready.
We also have a Mickey Mouse seat that goes in the regular potty. This is one cool seat it has a button that says hooray when you push it.
The actual first steps with Charles:
Last night at his urging to sit on the Mickey seat before bath time. We sat him down on the seat. He was so excited he didn't want to get off for a bath. This morning he easily sat down on the seat and was happy to wear a pull up. This is where I made a huge assumption that this was going to be easier than I thought. HAHAHA (insert evil laugh in the background)- boy did it ever go down hill from there. I know you are supposed to take them to the bathroom to try at a minimum of every hour. Charles refused to go. He said, "No, I can't want it mommy." No matter how fun I worded it he would not go. I remind myself we are just starting and he will eventually get this!
Any helpful advise, encouragement,and prayers are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment