Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Storytime for the Littles in your Life

Help: I would like a more creative name for the title because my goal is to do a segment like this each week.

Books to check out from the library for your little ones:
1.) The Ugly Truckling by David Gordon- a great book about transportation.  This book reminds me of the Ugly Duckling. I give this book 4 stars.
2.) Amelia Bedelia's First Apple Pie by Herman Parish- I have a soft spot in my heart for Amelia Bedelia books because I grew up reading and loving them. So of course I give this book 5 stars.
3.) All Around Me I See by Laya Steinberg- A lovely book and perfect for earth day. Cris Arbo did an excellent job with the pictures. I give the book 3 1/2 stars.
4.) Rhyming Dust Bunnies by Jan Thomas- So cute and great for small children because it is so colorful. A fun read for Mom or Dad also because they will get a giggle or two out of the book. Of course it also helps to teach rhyming which aids in literacy for your little(s). I give this book 4 stars.
5.) The Doghouse by Jan Thomas- Talks about fear and that sometimes it is irrational. The words and pictures are ideal for babies through pre-k. I give this book 3 stars.
6.) Can You Make a Scary Face? by Jan Thomas- Adorable and will make you giggle. Another book about facing your fears. An interactive picture book for small children. I give this book 4 stars.
7.) Making Science Count Math Fables Too by Greg Tang- Vivid and colorful pictures. Best for Kindergarten and 1st grade. You can use it for smaller children- just use some of the story and use the illustrations for counting and finding things. I give this 2 1/2 to 3 stars for babies to age 5. For Kindergarten to 2nd grade I give the book 4 stars.

Remember to share in the fun and link up.

8 comments: