Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Who's training Who????

My journal of getting Charles to sleep through the night so far. I think this will be really neat in his baby book.
On January 3, 2012 we try to get Charles to sleep through the night. The plan is to just pat him every ten minutes to get him to go back to sleep. Starts crying and after 30 or so minutes of him pitching a fit we give in and feed him 4 ounces. A rough night for all involved! Going cold
turkey did not work for Charles or us.
January 4, 2012- We decide to try weaning Charles instead of just giving him his full amount of food. Now when he wakes we only give him 4 ounces each time. He wakes up 2 times.
January 5, 2012 Didn’t get to dream feed tonight too tired, and add to the fact that it had only been an hour or two from his last feeding—and we wanted to go to sleep! He woke up at 10:45, 12:25, and 3:05. We are still feeding 4 ounces at these feedings. I am asking myself: “who is training who?”
January 6, 2012 I was able to dream feed Charles before going to bed tonight at 10pm- 6 ounces. He woke up at 2:15 and 4:30. I don’t consider 4:30 a middle of the night feeding. I would prefer him to wait until 6, but one adjustment at a time. 4 ounce feedings continue. So getting better I guess. Tonight he went back to sleep so much easier than last night! Hopefully we are getting somewhere!!
January 7, 2012 We dream feed at 10 again tonight. I hope tonight goes even better. I am thinking about downing the amount he gets for night time feedings to 3 ounces tomorrow night. I would love to end this month with Charles sleeping through the night regularly! He woke up at 3 and then slept to 5:30. Getting better.
January 8, 2012 We did not start the 3 ounce thing last night. I was sick and didn’t want to mess around if the 3 ounces didn’t work. He woke up one time at 1:25. He was dream feed at 9:35 pm. He woke up for his morning feeding at 4:05. We will work on getting that closer to six after we cut out the night time feeding.
January 9, 2011 We dream feed Charles at 10:15. We are continuing with the 4 ounce feedings in the middle of the night because I am sick. He woke up one time at 1:05 and then slept until 4:50.
January 10. 2011 I feed Charles 6 ounces at 8:45pm. When he was finished we all went to bed. I started cutting the feedings to 3 ounces in the middle of the night. He woke up at 12:15- I feed him 3 ounces and put him to bed—praying he wouldn’t wake up until morning. He woke up around 5:45 cooing and baby talking. I went in about 5:55 changed him and talked to him. He ate at 6 am. A good night:)! Patrick and I both told him how proud we were of him sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment