Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Goal 2 Accomplished

2.Finish the blue cable blanket. On March 4th I reported that I had 16 rows left. Last night I finished knitting the blanket. This morning I sewed in the cast off strand and cut off any extra strands that needed to be removed.
 




I found this pattern on Lion Brand's website. I am adding in the pattern and the few changes I made. I DID NOT COME UP WITH THIS PATTERN.

Lion Brand® Wool-Ease® Thick & Quick®
GAUGE: 8 sts = 4 in. [10 cm] over St st (k on RS, p on WS) BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE. When you match the gauge in a pattern, your project will be the size specified in the pattern and the materials specified in the pattern will be sufficient. If it takes you fewer stitches and rows to make a 4 in. [10 cm] square, try using a smaller size hook or needles; if more stitches and rows, try a larger size hook or needles.

STITCH EXPLANATION:
6/6 RC (right cross of 6 sts over 6 sts) Slip next 6 sts to a cable needle and leave at the back of your work, k 6 sts from your left needle, then k the 6 sts from cable needle.

 6/6 LC (left cross of 6 sts over 6 sts) Slip next 6 sts to a cable needle and leave at the front of your work, k6 sts from your left needle, then k the 6 sts from cable needle.

THROW 

 RIGHT CROSS PANEL (make 3)

 Cast on 24 sts. Knit 2 rows.

 Rows 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 15, and 17 (RS): K 2, p 4, k 12, p 4, k 2.

 Row 2 and all WS Rows: K 6, p 12, k 6.

 Row 13: K 2, p 4, 6/6 RC, p 4, k 2.

Row 18: K 6, p 12, k 6.

 Repeat Rows 1-18 7 more times. Then repeat Rows 1-7 once. Knit 2 rows. Bind off.

 LEFT CROSS PANEL (make 2)

 Cast on 24 sts. Knit two rows.

 Rows 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 15, and 17 (RS): K 2, p 4, k 12, p 4, k 2.

 Row 2 and all WS Rows: K 6, p 12, k 6.

 Row 13: K 2, p 4, 6/6 LC, p 4, k 2.

Row 18: K 6, p 12, k 6.

 Repeat Rows 1-18 7 more times. Then repeat Rows 1-7 once. Knit 2 rows. Bind off.

 FINISHING

 Sew long edges of 5 panels together alternating Right and Left Cross Panels.

Weave in ends.

ABBREVIATIONS / REFERENCES

k = knit

p = purl

RS = right side

St st = Stockinette stitch

st(s) = stitch(es)

WS = wrong side

~My changes 7 panels instead of 5 and instead of rows 1-18 7 times I went with 9 times. Size 15 needles instead of size 13 because I knit tight. Yarn: Lion Brand Yarn Hometown USA Washington Denim. I also knitted it as one piece instead of knitting panels and sewing them together. This took 21 balls of yarn. I have most of the 21st ball of yarn left over. I only used ball 21 for the last two rows of the blanket. With my changes I noticed that I could get 8-10 rows off of a ball of yarn which is great since there were 168 stitches in a row.

 

1 comment: