Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 29, 2012

Christmas Songs

Is it just me or is there anyone else ready to bust out the Christmas CD's and sing along at the top of your lungs? Well I am so ready. I enjoy the yummy candy and fun costumes for Halloween,  the amazing food and Macy's parade at Thanksgiving, but nothing compares to Christmas carols and songs. Today while at work a couple of the kids started singing what they are practicing for their Christmas concert. Which of course has added flame to the fire of me saying, "no it is not too early." Here are the lyrics to one of the funny songs they are going to be singing:

The Twelve Days After Christmas

(For the Original version of the song look HERE or HERE for sheet music)
The Twelve Days After Christmas
(Frederick Silver)
(Not sung to the same tune as the other song!)


The first day after Christmas, my true love and I had a fight.
And so I chopped the pear tree down and burned it just for spite.
Then, with a single cartridge, I shot that blasted partridge,
That my true love, my true love gave to me.

The second day after Christmas, I pulled on the old rubber gloves
And very gently wrung the necks of both the turtle doves,
My true love, my true love, my true love gave to me.

The third day after Christmas, my mother caught the croup;
I had to use the three French hens to make some chicken soup.
The four calling birds were a big mistake,
For their language was obscene .
The five gold rings were completely fake
And they turned my fingers green.

The sixth day after Christmas, the six laying geese wouldn't lay:
I gave the whole darn gaggle to the ASPCA.

On the seventh day what a mess I found:
All seven of the swimming swans had drowned,
My true love, my true love, my true love gave to me.

The eighth day after Christmas, before they could suspect,
I bundled up the . . .
   Eight maids a-milking,
   Nine pipers piping,
   Ten ladies dancing,
   'Leven lords a-leaping,
   Twelve drummers drumming
(spoken) Well, actually I kept one of the drummers(girls)
         Well, actually I kept one of the maids a-milking(boys)

And sent them back collect.
I wrote my true love, "We are through, love"
And I said in so many words,
"Furthermore your Christmas gifts were for the birds!"
(echo of "four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves
and a partridge in a pear tree."

Funny right?

No comments:

Post a Comment