Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In Like A Lion

I feel like roaring! I am excited about SPRING arriving soon, because I am so ready to see sunny skies, green grass, flowers blooming, and mainly just warmth and NO COATS! With the spring arriving comes bicycle adventures. We purchased a bicycle for me last September, and I am ready to expand my abilities with the arrival of nice weather. Hopefully the hills will be much easier for me to conquer now that I am beginning to get into shape.  Speaking of workouts I am increasing my running time on the treadmill. When I started I could only run for about 5 minutes at a speed of 4.5, and now I am walking at that speed and running at 5.5  for 15 minutes. My goal is to get up to 25 minutes of running and the other 5 minutes walking for a warm up and cool down. I keep myself on the treadmill for the full 30 minutes(the time limit that is set by the gym), and I took Erika's advice from her blog about imagining I am about to weigh in on tv(Biggest Loser) and the positive talks, and they really helped me push myself further on my running! I was very impressed with the results thanks Erika because I would have never thought of doing that because I don't watch reality tv.
On a positive note, Patrick and I are working out about 3-4 times a week, which is a big step for us!   I can't wait to see the changes these workouts are supposed to be making!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed you've been working out and can already do 15 minutes straight on the treadmill! I was doing really well from the end of December until mid-February, but kind of lost my drive, I guess... I lost 7 pounds but now have gained one or two back. Boo. Hope you guys are enjoying life up in Iowa!

    ReplyDelete